Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Suspended


I sit back in silence and watch the particles of dust sparkling and swirling in the ray of sunlight entering through my window. Meandering aimlessly, suspended in the air, as if not being able to make their mind up.. looking for answers, fighting with themselves. I look at them, transfixed, trying to find the answers to my own questions. I try to dig deep within my soul. What do I want? What do the others want from me? Strangely though, the only thing that comes to mind is.. nothingness. A strange, hollow, uncomfortable feeling which makes you numb. It makes you feel like the world is moving around you, while you are stuck. You are stuck into infinity, and waiting for some kind of emotion to engulf you. What if, right now, right this moment, the world comes to an end? Would anything matter anymore? Absurd though it may sound, the idea doesn't particularly horrify me. 

7 comments:

  1. Idle settings, diverse emotions - perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People seem to think alike. at least I think just like you do. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting in my cubicle on a dreary monday,this post is leading me into a suspended state:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the metaphor. And it's always good to sit idly and ponder about life. Here's hoping you come out of your state of suspension a tad wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Arumugam, I normally get these kind of thoughts on a Monday :P

    Beautifully written..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vyankatesh, true. Sometimes I write something when I'm idle and alone and when I read it much, MUCH later, I go like "whoa. okay this is good!" :P

    Dark Angel, I love it when people tell me they think in the same way. Makes me feel less abnormal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arumugam, I'm glad I played a role in making someone's dreary Monday a little more surreal ;)

    Chee, thank you! And amen to that :)

    Phatichar, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you have a say! So, type away! :)